B.Sc Food Science & Management
The Department of Food Science and Management established in the year 2008 (previously Nutrition and Dietetics) offers an amalgamation of food, nutrition and management courses. The program trains students to be competent food industry professionals who can produce quality food by imparting better nutritional, sanitation and hygiene practices. It prepares students with a wide range of skills to develop new food products, blueprint innovative processing technologies, improve food quality with high nutritive value and to enhance the safety of food.
The program is offered in Shift I
Program Specific Outcomes
M.Sc., MBA. (UGC – NET)
As a part of the MSc. Food Technology and Management Programme, Sini Jadeesh has guided around 18 PG dissertations and has been a research guide for 10 poster presentations that were presented in National and International Conferences.
MSc. Food Science & Nutrition, (UGC-NET), Diabetes Educator (NDEP)
Teaching: 8 years
As a part of the MSc. Food Technology and Management Programme, Lakshmy Priya S has supervised around 20 PG dissertations and has been a research guide for 12 poster presentations and 4 paper presentations that were presented in National and International Conferences. She has co-authored and published 10 original research articles in International journals.
- Vishvapriya,S and Lakshmy Priya,S.(2018). Effect of thermal extraction methods on physico-chemical characteristics of fruit juices. International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 7(4),(ISSN:2320-7876)
(UGC Journal No: 45543)
- Nivedha,V and Lakshmy Priya,S.(2018). Comparative study of microgreens with mature greens incorporated ready-to-eat chutney powders. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition,3(6),171-175.(ISSN:2455-4898)
(UGC Journal No: 47557)
- Agadha,S. Rajalakshmi,P. and Lakshmy Priya,S.(2019).Optimisation of citrus fruits extracts in the formulation of paneer. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition,4(2),59-61.(ISSN:2455-4898)
(UGC Journal No: 47557)
- First prize for paper presentation – ReAP 2k 18, Two day State Level Workshop on Research Methodology, Writing Practices, Languages and Soft Skills, Organised by Department of Home Science, St.Teresa’s College and KSCSTE, Cochin, Ernakulam, July 2018
- Research Supervisor for the minor research project which was awarded the Best Poster Award, International Conference on Innovations and Challenges in Food Processing, St.Teresa’s College, Cochin, Feb 2018
Licenses and Certifications
Qualified as Diabetes Educator through National Diabetes Educator Program (NDEP) Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Education Academy, Indian College of Physicians and Indian Academy of Diabetes
M.Sc., RD., CDE. UGC-NET
Teaching: 6 months
- Abirami.S.P (2019)., “Sugar and Sweetened Beverage Consumption and its Effect on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Children”, published in International Journal of Research and Analytical Review (IJRAR), Volume 6 Issue 2 May 2019, (ISSN – 23495138), (UGC- JOURNAL NO – 43602).
- Abirami.S.P (2020)., “Role of pre and post nutritional intervention in esophageal carcinoma” Published in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Volume 7, Issue 10, October 2020, (ISSN-2349-5162),( UGC JOURNAL NO – 63975)
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Registered Dietitian
Indian Dietetics Association- Chennai chapter
Certified Diabetic Educator
IDF School of diabetics accredited by EACCME (Europe)