M.Sc Food Technology & Management
The Postgraduate Department of Food Technology and Management established in the year 2008 has been designed for students who are interested in acquiring expertise in food technology and entrepreneurship. The program strives to provide excellent food processing professionals to the industry by equipping students to develop innovative highly nutritious and quality food products and conduct cutting edge research in food technology. The department has established tie-ups with government and private national institutions for knowledge sharing and research upgradation in the food sector.
The program is offered in Shift I
Program Specific Outcomes
M.Sc. (Food and Nutrition), Ph.D., (SLET, UGC – NET)
Teaching: 8 years
Research: 17 years
Level of Insecurity and Academic Anxiety among Middle School Students of Hindi and English Medium. Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 2006.
- Pooja Mohan, Indrani Mukherjee, Simmi Jain. (January 2018). Study on the physico-chemical and sensory characteristics of cookies made using avocado as a fat (Butter) substitute. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 3(1), 68-72, (ISSN: 2455-4898) (Impact Factor: RJIF 5.14) UGC journal No: 47557
- Rajalakshmi P, Agadha S and Simmi Jain. (March 2020). Formulation and analysis of khakra fortified using corn silk as a source of protein. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 5(2), 27-29. ISSN: 2455-4898; Impact Factor: RJIF 5.14 UGC journal No: 47557
M.Sc., MPhil (UGC – NET)
Teaching: 12 years
Research: 2 years
Significant Research publications
- Haripriya A, Aparna NV. Effect of roasting on selected nutrient profile and functional properties of chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) and optimization of chia seed based instant soup mix. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. Volume 3; Issue 2; March 2018; Page No. 200-206 (ISSN: 2455-4898 , UGC journal No : 47557)
- Rajshri VS, Haripriya A. Effect of processing on the functional properties of Garden cress seeds and development of garden cress seed flour incorporated Instant soup mix and RTC Chapati. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. Volume 3; Issue 4; July 2018; Page No. 130-135 (ISSN: 2455-4898, UGC journal No: 47557)
- Ramalingam Anjana, Haripriya Ashok Kumar, Ranjit Unnikrishnan, Ranjit Mohan Anjana, Shanmugam Shobana, Vishwanathan Mohan, Vasudevan Sudha. Quality Evaluation of Speciality Rice Varieties Available in South Indian (Chennai) Market. Journal of Diabetology. Vol.10, Issue 2. May-August 2019; Page 64-68 ISSN: 2543-3288 E-ISSN: 2078-7685 (UGC Care list)
- IDA Award Food Science /Technology for oral presentation- Second Position, A Study on Consumer’s Knowledge, Attitude and Consumption pattern of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals in Tamil Nadu. 53rd IDACON 2020, Virtual International Conference of Indian Dietetic Association.
- Won II Prize in Poster presentation – Effect of roasting, germination and autoclaving on nutritional quality of horse gram and quality assessment of instant horse gram dosa mix. Opportunities for Biotechnologists in Food Processing Industries. Loyola College, Chennai and Lille Catholic University, France. Feb 2010.