Psychology is the scientific study of human mind, behaviour and mental processes. The role of psychologists has diversified to cater for the needs of the individuals, groups, organizations and communities – how we think, act, react and interact. Its relevance is based on two deep-seated principles, namely, the betterment of individual, group and community life and absence of pathology. This distinctiveness has made psychology a thriving academic discipline and a vital professional practice.
Studying Psychology will give you a unique set of skills to analyze and understand human behaviour, relationships and mental health
Career Opportunities for Psychology Graduates
Demand of psychologists continues to grow in neuroscience, hospitals, educational institutes, industries, media, military, Policy making, research settings, courts, prisons, defence forces, sports, private practice, consulting firms – the list goes on.
Psychology provides excellent training in analytic thinking and scientific research methods that are relevant to a broad range of careers.
A minimum of five/six -year sequence of education and supervised training is required to become eligible for practicing psychology
About the Department
The Undergraduate Department of Psychology aims at empowering students to lead and effect positive change in the world by instructing ethical, systematic study of behaviour and mental processes, and its application to community & global issues with intellectual engagement and academic excellence.
Highlights of the Department:
- Dynamic and committed faculty
- High standards of pursuit
- Internships in industries, NGOs, special schools, Hospitals
- Blended learning and Innovative teaching methodology
- Promotion of student research/paper presentation/publication
- Well equipped library with books and journals
- Fully equipped Psychology laboratory
- Encourage critical thinking, problem-solving and research skills
- Enhance understanding of the link between theoretical concepts and practical applications
- Assist and guide students through Guest lectures, seminars and workshops
- Support the development of a wide range of transferable employability skills
- General Psychology
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
- Developmental Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Abnormal Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Social Psychology
- Project-Case Studies/Survey Research