M.A.Communication is a professional broad based course which offers an in-depth study into the nuances of Journalism , Advertising, Broadcast, Production ,New Media; thereby providing an unique opportunity to step into any field of their choice.
The two-year M.A. Communication program started in the year 1997, is aimed at delivering an insight into the various facets of Communication and the skills involved as also an in-depth study into the various nuances of Print, Broadcast, Film, Advertising and Web Journalism. The Course is focused at delivering an exhaustive study into the intricacies of the mesmerizing silver screen, the penetrating print, the dynamic world of advertising and the all-encompassing WWW./p>
- To educate students on the multifarious dimensions to communication as a field of study and as a challenging, skill based, dynamic profession.
- To train students in the art and skill of journalistic reporting and writing.
- To hone the creativity of students to meet the dynamics of advertising and film making industries.
- To orient and train students to the nuances of Corporate Communication.
- To train and equip students to excel as socially conscious media makers.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The course comprises four semesters of two year duration.
Graduates of any discipline from a recognized university.
- An entrance test will be conducted for the students to assess their knowledge on Media and Current Affairs.
- Students will be tested for their creative, analytical and basic skills in writing.
- The Personal interview decides the final selection of the candidates.
The course offers a comprehensive.training program covering areas like:
- Communication Theories
- Journalistic Skills
- Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Communication Psychology
- Development Communication
- Media Management
- Social Media Communication
- Audio-Visual Production
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Communication Research Methods
- Film Studies
The curriculum is formulated in such a way that it provides the students the scope of coming up with live projects.
It starts with a 15 day live beat coverage leading to real life reports on various important beats like politics, business, cinema, sports, entertainment and lifestyle. The students cover the beats along with professionals (reporters) from leading dailies, periodicals and magazines. Along with acquiring knowledge they also develop contacts with the industry and the press.
- PRINT & ON-LINE JOURNAL
To kindle and unleash the creative and writing skills of the students, the college has made it mandatory for the students to come up with a 50-page Journal. An in-depth analysis and research is done for formulating every article. The students are trained to work in the latest software to work on the layout and design of their maiden journal.
The On-line journal is an adaptation of the print journal. Here the students are trained to design the layout with the latest software, which familiarizes the students in Web Publishing.
- ADVERTISING STRATEGY
The students can create an ad strategy for a live product or service. By creating this strategy the students get hands on experience in various aspects of advertising including Conceptualizing creatives, Visualizing, Copywriting, Media planning and Press relations.
Students are expected to do a detailed in-depth study in the areas of communication and related fields and come out with a dissertation, a professional research document which helps the students in pursuing higher studies.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS PROJECT
This program is designed to provide the students a platform to organize and execute a live project. ‘Voices ’is a unique and exciting Public Relations project undertaken by our students on various social issues across all city colleges and communities. We have been successfully conducting P.R Campaigns over the years addressing issues like Rainwater Harvesting, Pollution, Women’s Safety and Health Issues, Road safety, Organ donation, Organic Farming, Child abuse, Autism, Anti-Plastic campaign and many others.