DEPARTMENT OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION
Visual Communication is emerging in our midst as a significant means of communication. It is the visual representation of reality, the imaginative conception of an individual triggering articulate response. Gauging the importance and need for media makers, the Department of Visual Communication, a three year UG program was started in the year 1999 by M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women – the first city college for women to offer this program. The course focuses on a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to learning and this has been achieved by an even balance of theory and practical application. The program is framed to inculcate professional excellence and master the practicalities of the media industry.
The winning edge of the Department is the exclusive combination of learner centric-pedagogy, contemporary curriculum, high-end infrastructure, first hand industry exposure and a creative working atmosphere. The course transforms students into one of the best advertising personnel, visualizers, copy writers, filmmakers, photographers, web designers, animators and graphic designers to name a few.
The goals set by the Department of Visual Communication are facilitated by high quality state of- the-art infrastructure provided to every student.
- Drawing Studio equipped with specially designed easels to help students develop their visualizing and drawing skills
- Multimedia Lab with 100 network computers and the latest design and animation softwares
- High Definition Cameras
- Digital Studio:
– Shooting Floor
– Additional accessories like zoom lenses, flash, light meters
– Complete backdrop and tabletop set up
- Digital Sound Studios
- Digital Edit Suites
- Screening theatre
- Community Radio Station
- Campus Television that networks classrooms through a base station.