ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
School of Food Science conducts National/International conferences/seminars/workshops/ symposium/guest lecturers every year with scientific sessions from experts in the field, serving as a platform for the students, researchers and professionals to come together, exchange ideas, refresh and broaden knowledge as well as explore new opportunities.
ASSOCIATIONS WITH NATIONAL BODIES
The faculty and the students are active members in National bodies like Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (AFST(I)), Indian Dietetic Association (IDA), Nutrition Society of India (NSI) which facilitate them to join hands with the food industry, technologists, scientists, academicians and researchers and work in unison.
- Students have presented over 400 research posters since 2008, at various National & International conferences and won prizes.
- Students have been winning the Prestigious AFST (i) Education and Publication Trust Scholarship& National Level Best Student award in the field of Food Technology for nine consecutive years.
- Every year, the post graduate students have been publishing research papers in various National and International Journals.
|Aachi Masala Pvt. Ltd.
|CavinKare Pvt. Ltd.
||International Flavors and Fragrances
|Symrise Pvt. Ltd.
Madhu Mitha: M.SC. FTM 2014-2016
The experience at M.O.P. was completely a worthwhile one. The knowledge of the professors helped me to understand the core of the subject in simple and clear way. There were not just lectures but many interactive sessions with the professors helped us during to develop great communication and rapport skills within class room. The hands-on experience with internships and projects gave a broader spectrum as how and what happens with an industry and in research communities. Overall, the two years in MOP for my masters was indeed a time worth spending.
Sreelekha S B: M.SC. FTM 2013-2015
I am happy to share with you all that i am working as the Head of Research Development & Food Innovation for Snackible at Mumbai, India with a package of Rs.5.5lakh per annum. I would like to thank each & every staff at M.O.P for their invaluable lessons during my period of education. I had attended introductory orientation of IIM recently & I was surprised at their presentation regarding education curriculum, teaching patterns & the modern methodology which mostly speaks about peer learning, group activity, presentations etc etc which are already followed in our college. It’s really a prestigious thing to know that our standards are at the International level.
Nithya Laura.C: M.Sc. FTM 2013 – 2015
It’s my immense pleasure to thank all the faculties from the FSM department for bringing me through the right path which has led me to succeed great heights in my career.
The vibrant knowledge gained through each of the food science syllabus undertaken was very distinctive and technology driven. Based on which, I am successfully placed with Symrise under the Scent & Care Division as a Fragrance Development Manager – Home Care & Beauty Care.
I am glad to highlight here that “Symrise has great respect over our institution and has been recruiting several candidates from our department (either as trainees or on-role staffs).
Wherein, we as an alumni of MOP, have set high standards in places we go, the main reason being, our foundation is so strong from the roots of MOP and we are able to sustain and keep our institutes vision & mission to keep flying high with great respect and gratitude.
Thank you for moulding us into a great human, both personally and professionally.
- Sushmitha:Sc. FTM 2014-16: Scientists 1, Ingredient application R&D, AVT Natural Products Ltd., Chennai
- Sreelekha:Sc. FTM 2013-2015: Head of Research Development & Food Innovation, Snackible, Mumbai.
- Tejaswi:Sc. FTM 2013-2015: Scientific officer, Product Development, Britannia Industries Ltd, Pune.
- Nithya Laura:Sc. FTM 2013-2015: Fragrance Development Manager Scent & Care Division Symrise Private Limited, Chennai.
- Neethu: M.Sc. FTM 2012-2014:Food Safety Officer, Dubai, UAE
- Heera Monika R:Sc. FTM 2012-2014: Development Associate, Hindustan Unilever, Research and Development Centre, Bangalore.
- Swetha S:Sc. FTM 2011-2013: Assistant Professor, M.O.P.Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai.
- Akshaya S:Sc. FTM 2011-2013: R&D Executive, National Agra Foundation, Taramani, Chennai.
- Swarnali Dutta: Sc. FTM 2011-2013:Food Technologist, Symrise Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Upasona Dos:Sc. FTM 2010-2012: R&D Associate, Aachi Masala Pvt Ltd., Chennai
- Swetha Ramesh:Sc. FTM 2010-2012: Scientific officer, Nestle Nutrition Ltd., Chennai
- Srividya S:Sc. FTM 2010-2012: Associate Scientist, CavinKare Pvt Ltd, Chennai