POST GRADUATE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
“We select for attitude and Train for skill”
The post graduate department of human resource management (HRM) was established in the year 2015. The department strives to create future HR professionals, who will efficiently and effectively help an organization to achieve its objectives. The course provides theoretical knowledge and practical instruction of contemporary human resource management concepts. The department has qualified professors and industry experts to nurture and develop the students
- The pedagogy used for knowledge transfer and student engagement includes case studies, role play, group discussion, certificate programmes, experts’ expositions, simulated HR activities and audio-visual presentations.
- Graduates from other universities like Christ University, SRM University Bangalore University, Madurai Kamaraj University, Bharathiar University and Amity University have sought admission for the course.
- The course aims to provide a contemporary understanding of the influence of HR practices and policies on organizations.
- The course components seek to provide students with a working knowledge of HRM practice in a global context.
- Industry friendly Curriculum
- Competent Faculty
- Ongoing Industry institute interactions
- Continuous Internships
- Soft Skills training
Spectra HR Conclave on 16th September 2017
- The Post Graduate Department of Human Resource Management organized Spectra HR Conclave at Hotel GRT Grand, T.Nagar on 16th September 2017.
- Over 60 delegates from industry had registered for the event.
- The conclave was inaugurated by Mr. Sujith Kumar, HR Business Leader, Infosys and Founder of Maatram Foundation.
- The event was presided by Dr. Lalitha Balakrishnan, Principal, M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women.
Two-Day Capacity Building Workshop on “Contemporary Research Techniques in Social Science” – 29 – 30 November, 2017
- The Post Graduate Department of Human Resource Management from M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women organized a two-day capacity building workshop on “Contemporary Research Techniques in Social Science” on 29th and 30th November, 2017.
- The event was attended by 35 participants (research scholars and professors) from various colleges and universities.
- Experienced professors from Indian Institute of Technology – Madras (IIT-M), Great Lakes Institute of Management, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Pondicherry University and Presidency College shared their ideas, experience and knowledge to help, guide and provoke interest in research in social sciences.
- The workshop focused on topics such as Identification of research gaps and selection of research problem, online resources for research, review of literature, IBM SPSS software for statistical analysis and qualitative research methods.
Case Analysis and Practical Application of Concepts (CAPAC) Workshop
28th February, 2018
Think Tank Expositions
During the academic year 2017 – 18, the Post Graduate Department of Human Resource Management initiated the Think Tank Expositions Lecture series to bridge industry – academia gap by encouraging our students to gain experience through internships
As part of this initiative the department invited eminent speakers from the industry who have enhanced their organizations’ effectiveness a strategic level to deliberate on topics of interest.
To enhance the curriculum, field trips which are rich in educational possibilities, actual hands-on-experiences are organized by the department.
The students of the department are encouraged to represent at the University, District and National level.