Mathematics – The Root & Route to Success
B.Sc. Mathematics course provides a platform to understand the fundamental concepts, develop logical, analytical, heuristic, lateral thinking skills and apply mathematical techniques in various spheres of life. The multidisciplinary and application oriented curriculum caters to students with specific interest in Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuaries, Banking, Finance and Insurance.
- Core papers provide a strong foundation in mathematics and emphasize on the applications in varied fields.
- Papers Mathematical Modelling and Fuzzy Mathematics instills research and applicable skills in students.
- To bridge the gap between Academia and the IT Industry, Allied papers,
C Programming and Computer Oriented Numerical Methods are included in the curriculum.
- Elective papers, Mathematics for Life Insurance and Financial Mathematics help the students to pursue their career in Actuaries, Banking, Finance and Insurance.
- Number Theory & Cryptography provides the base for Internet Security and Coding theory.
CORE AND ALLIED PAPERS
*Algebra and Trigonometry *Differential Calculus
*Integral Calculus and Fourier series *Vector Analysis and Co-ordinate
Geometry of Three dimensions
*Differential Equations and its *Discrete Mathematics
*Mechanics *Mathematical Statistics
*Modern Algebra *Optimization Techniques
*C Programming *Complex Analysis
*Integral Transforms and its Applications
- Mathematical Modelling
- Fuzzy Mathematics
- Computer Oriented Numerical Methods
- Financial Mathematics
- Mathematics for Life Insurance
- Number Theory and Cryptography
TECHNICAL SKILL COURSES
- Quantitative Aptitude
- PHP and MYSQL
- Data Management using Spread Sheets
- Software Testing
|S.NO||NAME||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||AREA OF SPECIALISATION||NO.OF RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS|
|1||Dr Fernandes Jayashree Felix||M.Sc.,M.Phil., PGDCA, Ph.D||Dean
Head – Mathematics
|2||Ms S Krishnaveni||M.Sc.,M.Phil.||Associate Professor||Algebra and
(KAC – MOODY Algebra)
|3||Ms R Jamuna Chezhian||M.Sc., M.Phil.
|Assistant Professor||Differential equations and Functional equations
|4||Ms Alamelu M R||M.Sc., M.Phil.
|5||Ms B Ramani||M.Sc., M.Phil. PGDOR
|Assistant Professor||Graph theory|
|6||Ms E Renuga||M.Sc.,M.Phil.
Club is a platform to scout the inherent talents of students and provides an opportunity to develop their latent skills in co-curricular activities. To enhance the logical and heuristic skills, Intramural and Inter-collegiate competitions with several thought provoking activities are conducted. Students participate in various Intercollegiate competitions and bring laurels. To enrich the students’ intellect, State/National level conferences and Workshops are organized where eminent academicians and experts from industry share their expertise.