The Department began its journey in the year 1996. Since its inception, the department has seen phenomenal qualitative and numerical growth.
Uniqueness of the Department
- The department believes in a multidisciplinary approach.
- A stimulating intellectual environment, encompassing both teachers and students, forms the core culture of the department.
- A unique experience to embark on research in the under graduate level is provided to the students.
- Regular field visits are organized to understand and link theory with practical knowledge.
- The programs prepare students for a variety of careers in social advocacy, research, teaching, NGO management, policy-making both in public and private sectors.
- The Department attracts Civil Services aspirants.
- Faculty advisors offer constant support and guidance in academics, career choices and life coping skills.
A candidate, who has passed in Higher Secondary Examination, is eligible for seeking admission.