DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Established – 2018
Economics is about human behaviour, resources, relationships, choices and decisions. It’s about what drives the world or brings it to a standstill. BA (Economics) at MOP Vaishnav focuses on developing a solid foundation in economics principles, a sharp understanding of global developments and a range of analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. Modelled after the best of world’s undergraduate economics programmes and enriched with Indian applications, Economics Major programme provides a good balance of broad-based fundamentals and practical real-industry knowledge.
- To apply economic analyses to everyday lives and see economics in real world situations.
- To master the theoretical and applied tools necessary to critique and create economic research.
- To become familiar with salient developments in the world economy, in both present-day and historical contexts.
- To learn how to develop pragmatic, principles-based policies to enhance economic welfare and promote social justice.
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Monetary Economics
- Fiscal Economics
- International Economics
- Indian Economy Development
- History of Economic Thought
- Introductory Econometrics
- Developmental Economics
- Research Methodology/ Project
- Introduction to Political Economy
- Environmental Economics
- Gender Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Social Economics
- Mathematics for Economics
- Entrepreneurship Development and Small Business Management
- Financial Markets
- Socio Economic Policy
THE ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION OF M.O.P. VAISHNAV
Arth focuses on providing students with a forum to interact, compete, debate, question and further develop their understanding of economics through myriad events.
The association activities not only enable the students to explore and deepen their knowledge of economics, but also to learn and hone professional skills like collaboration, public speaking, leadership and organization.
The activities include:
- Debates on contemporary issues,
- In-depth Panel discussions,
- Economic Quiz
- Exciting guest lectures
- An opportunity to apply economics to the real world.
YOUNG ECONOMISTS SUMMIT (YES) – an intercollegiate event to train students in economic and social policy making.
+2 ANY STREAM WITH ECONOMICS